An Energy Descent Action Plan is a guide to reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and reducing our carbon footprint over the next 20 years, during which we expect many changes associated with declining oil supplies and some of the impacts of climate change to become more apparent. In this EDAP we have built a picture of this future scenario based on visions of a better future. What we have tried in the process to invite the community to dream how the future could be, and to then work out the practical pathways by which we actually get there.
Here are two links about the EDAP in general
Regarding creating an EDAP in our area, here are some existing planing efforts of note
- City of Portland's Peak Oil Taskforce Report
- Executive Summary of the 2009 Climate Action Plan (CAP)
- PDX Local Energy Assurance Plan
- Synopsis of Multnomah Food Initiative
- PDX Plan and TPDX's comments on the proposed plan