Welcome to the new website for Portland Peak Oil, a grassroots group of concerned local citizens, from different backgrounds, with different interests, who've separately become aware of the looming crisis caused by the peaking of world oil supplies. We’ve come together to try to:
- Develop individual and collective strategies to cope with this crisis and meeting weekly, check out our events calendar for more information.
- Create awareness in the Portland community about Peak Oil
- Influence policies of local government to help mitigate the crisis, and
- successfully petitioned the City of Portland to create the nation's first Peak Oil Taskforce.
- Please check out the full report from the City of Portland's Peak Oil Taskforce.
PPO meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 7 to 9pm in the St. Francis Dining Hall. 1182 SE Pine St. Portland, OR.